Catering to everyone’s breakfast preferences within my family can be quite challenging. While my kids have distinct tastes—some favoring breakfast tacos, others opting for egg sandwiches or quiche—there’s a unanimous agreement when it comes to my Hashbrown Casserole. This uncomplicated recipe ensures satisfaction for all. Juggling hectic schedules makes it challenging for us to gather for meals, prompting me to whip up unique breakfast dishes before the day kicks into high gear.
The significance of having breakfast as a family extends beyond mere culinary preferences. There are numerous advantages to this practice, benefiting both individuals and the family as a cohesive unit. Consider the following perks:
- Bonding Time: Breakfast is a precious opportunity for family members to connect and share quality moments before the hustle and bustle of the day takes over. It’s a time for conversations, thoughts, and catching up on each other’s lives.
- Promotes Communication: Sitting down together for breakfast encourages open communication and discussions. This proves especially valuable for parents seeking insights into their children’s activities, concerns, and achievements.
- Establishes Routine: A regular breakfast routine contributes to a sense of structure and order within the family, fostering a more organized and less chaotic start to the day.
- Promotes Healthy Habits: Sharing a balanced and nutritious breakfast sets a positive example for children, reinforcing the importance of healthy eating habits with long-term benefits for overall well-being.
- Enhances Mental Well-being: Positive interactions and shared moments during breakfast can lead to a positive start to the day, impacting everyone’s mental well-being and setting a constructive tone for the hours ahead.
- Teaches Social Skills: Family breakfast becomes a natural environment for children to learn and practice social skills, including communication, listening, and sharing.
- Time Management Skills: Eating breakfast together imparts valuable lessons in time management to children, emphasizing the importance of prioritizing essential activities before embarking on the day’s adventures.
- Reduces Stress: A calm and relaxed breakfast environment provides a moment of respite, effectively reducing stress for all family members before the daily demands kick in.
- Strengthens Family Bonds: Regular family meals, including breakfast, contribute significantly to a sense of unity and togetherness, fostering a supportive family environment.
- Promotes Healthier Food Choices: Family breakfasts offer an opportunity to make healthier food choices as parents guide and encourage their children to opt for nutritious options, setting the stage for a day of healthier eating.
Now lets make The Hashbrown Casserole it’s a quick, cheesy delight that comes together in just minutes. This dish is the epitome of comfort food, guaranteed to please any crowd.
Potato Bake/Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 baking pan
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 oven preheat 350 degrees
- 2 lbs. Hashbrowns, thawed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lbs. sharp cheddar, grated/shredded
- 1/3 can evaporated milk
- 1 TSP olive oil
- Take olive oil add to hot sauté pan, add chopped onions and cook till soft.
- In mixing bowl, add cooked onions, soup, sour cream, milk, 1/2 of cheese. Mix well.
- Once mixed transfer to baking pan. Place in preheated oven.Bake for 50 minutes
- At 10 minutes left add the remaining cheese on top and cook till melted. Once cheese is melted pull out oven
- Left cool for 10 mins and serve.